I really dislike things that remind me that I am getting older.
It is stupid things like surveys that ask you to tick your age bracket and you automatically tick the box that says Age 19-24, smack your head, cross that off and make very large annoying tick on Age 25-30.
It is stupid things like stalking your young friends on facebook and saying stupid things like 'Man, those kids grow up so fast. When i was their age....' , smack your head and reminisce of your young party days when you could stay up to 4am then still grab a hotdog at Harry's.
It is stupid things like when people ask you, I thought you were younger than us?! You smile and say yep but only by one year you old fart!! Then smack your head and wish you had lied.
In this 25-30 age bracket, the topics of discussion are now towards travel, jobs, marriage and babies. And the question is always 'when are you getting married?'?
Marriage can look like two things to two different people. A future or a jail sentence. Marriage requires not only love but the emotional and financial responsibilities that go with it. Love, does not pay the bills but it does however keep you motivated to work on your relationship. Money, however does pay the bills but it also the number one cause of divorces. To be prepared for this level of responsibility can be daunting, but to those who are ready to take it, it is worthwhile.
One of the things I have noticed that 'independent' people always proclaim is that you do not need someone to complete you, you are your own person. However. at a recent wedding I attended, the groom was very touchingly emotional throughout the ceremony and during his speech. In his speech he tried to explain why he loved his wife so much and concluded that 'she completes me'. I thought about this concept and how if you are truly in love with some, they can complete you. They can be that other half that brings out the better in you, they can be other half that stands right beside you, and they can be that other half that will bravely tell you when you being an idiot. And what is wrong with that?
One of the stupid things that remind me that I am getting older is the change in the way I see love and relationships. Away from the honeymoon highs and petty fights and towards something much deeper, stronger and everlasting. But always with sparks, of course.
Age 25-30 - Tick.
Apr 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment