Oct 21, 2007

another year that has gone by






I'm sitting here happy and smiling while at the same time absorbing the fact that another year is almost over. I can feel the end of the year approaching when my birthday suddenly pops up and I start seeing Xmas decorations everywhere. As cynical as i could be about being another year older, the positives do definitely outweigh the negatives. Another year older, another year wiser right?

A common topic my other half and I often discuss is how quick this year is flying by. Which makes me wonder what have i actually achieved this year?

Let's see - I was headhunted for my current job, found a new love, met some new friends, survived losing my bestfriend to London, started studying my Post Grad and still retained some sanity but sadly less of a social life and I bought my first couch and dining table! Awesome stuff :)

This year i was truly feeling rather depressed about my birthday and it was mainly due to the fact that i was missing my girl Jess so much. She's been around for my last 7 birthdays or something like that, so not having her around was awful. As gutted as i was, i was determined to enjoy my birthday and decided that i was going to break tradition and NOT get tanked this year as per usual. My birthday day was really nice, although i had to work :P but a present from my brother (bling headphones!!) and flowers from Jess all the way from London, started off a good birthday day. Then spoiling from the boyfriend afterwards truly made the day special. Dinner, more flowers and more bling - what more can a girl ask for :).

High Tea at Lenotre in the Sofitel Wentworth on Sunday with 8 of my girlfriends was magical. Held on the garden terrace level, us girls chatted about everything and anything over sugary treats and fragrant teas. I felt truly blessed that I had such warm amazing girlfriends surrounding me and although two girlfriends were notably missing (Jess and Becks) I knew they were there in spirit :)

Thanks to my friends for all their warm wishes and hugs. This birthday came out a lot more special than i had envisaged. Here's to the rest of the year and hoping that I pass my exams.


4 comments:

mushiejc said...

yay! a post from addy! i've been waiting to see what's been going on with you back home :)

Happy Belated Bday. Looks like you had a great time - the cakes look so yummy too!

Addy said...

Thanks mushie :)
yes, i've been super lazy about blogging. it's due to dumb facebook :P

Beckster said...

I was definitely there at the high tea with you in spirit babes (amidst puddles of unlady-like drooooooool).

Write more dear. Your site is anorexic :p

Addy said...

Yeah tell me about it :(
You and mushie put me to shame!!
I don't have much to write at the moment. Perhaps Sydney is just boringggg hehehehe
Nah but seriously, just don't have much to vent. Life is really good apart from the studying. Sadly i don't really see the Ruse crew much :( Kinda out of the loop but thats ok cos i try and call them and do one or ones :)