I can't decide which is my favourite song....
I suppose it says something about Michael Jackson. He was no one-hit wonder, just a wonder.
I remember distinctively when my cousin MW and I bought our first Michael Jackson CD - Dangerous. That was in 1992. We tore open the plastic covering and happily played the album while grasping at the accompanying lyrics and singing at the top of our lungs our two favourite songs at the time - Heal the World and Black or White. I think i still know all the lyrics.... Hell i definitely know all the lyrics. Those were great memories.
His songs still make me smile and make me sing out loud...in public......
And yes, B and I still play his History albums all the time in the car and yes, there is plenty of singing-along.Songs like Remember the Time (the extended version is Gold!), Bad, You Are Not Alone, Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror remind me of my childhood. It's definitely a Gen X thing.
It saddens me that such a talent ended in the way it did, and yet for some reason it seemed fitting for a tortured legend that he was.
Rest in Peace Michael Jackson. Gone too soon.
Jul 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment