My taste of food has evolved over the past 10 years. I never used to eat tomatoes, capsicum, avocados, mayonaise, sashimi, medium-rare cooked beef, tripe, chicken's feet, vanilla icecream, cream in cakes, lasagna, cheese and I didnt drink coffee till i was 21. But now I don't know what I would do without avocado, sashimi and coffee! I still don't eat most cheeses (I'll blame my lactose intolerance for that), I don't like too much cream (it's just fattening) and I still refuse to eat liver or bittergurd. Sydney has great food. And if you think otherwise, you have obviously not eaten out enough. Paris, New York, Japan and Italy I am sure all have incredible food but Sydney has great food. It has spectacular French, Japanese, Thai and Italian cuisine. It has probably some of the best Yum Cha in the country and some tasty Hong Kong chinese food. It does miss a little on Malaysian food but its getting there. In my numerous trips down to Melbourne, I have also discovered a love for food down that way too and am keen to explore somemore. So here are a few of my current fa
Home - best malaysian food in the universe
Menya - favourite tonkotsu ramen
Rhodes Sky Phoenix - favourite yumcha
Portofinos - great casual Italian
Makato - favourite sushi bar
Chilli Jam - fantastic Thai food (Newtown has plenty more) Testuya - best degustation so far
Element bistro - oh my yummy duck confit
Pendolinos - best veal ragu tagiatelli
Bar Italia - best pistachio gelato
Azumas (Chifley) - favourite fine dining Japanese
Mamak - only joint for real roti canai and rojak
Other special mentions - Quay, Eastwood Peking Restaurant, Cafe XXII, Dank Street Depot, Malabar, Galileo, Kingsford Chinese Restaurant, Big Bite, The Olive.
2 comments:
Wow... I never knew there was so much foods that you don't eat. I thought I was bad :P
We still need to go to Pendolino :)
Lets go soon !!
He he, yeah i was heapppppsss fussy.
When would you like to go to Pendolinos?
Post a Comment