Jan 24, 2005

movie bonanza

I enjoy a good movie.

I really do..

A good movie requires a unique or interesting plot, fabolous characters, be either extremely funny, dramatical, action packed (or all of the above) and overall excellent cinematography. A good movie never fails to keep my attention and when I walk out of the movie Im still smiling and dying to talk about it.

Sadly, due to other life commitments I have been unable to watch a lot of the recent movies e.g The Incredibles, Team American, Oceans Twelve etc etc. But a request for a quiet Saturday night led us to watch Finding Neverland.

A movie based on a true story about the author of the children's classic Peter Pan, Sir James M Barrie and set in London in 1904, it is a sweet tale of J. Barrie's inspirational and magical experiences which lead him to the journey that is now Peter Pan. This is not another version of the Peter Pan story (phew!) but rather about what inspired Sir Barrie to write about things like pirates, fairies, flying and other ideas which would have possibly have had him incarcerated in the looney bin in the 1900's. Some major eye candy too with Johnny Depp as the Sir Barrie as well as the beautiful Kate Winslet and some very cute child actors. With Johnny Depp's sexy Scottish accent *grin*, a fabolous cast, a beautiful soundtrack and just an all round great plot, whats not to like?!!! Oh yeah, bring some Kleenex.....


Other good movies?
House of Flying Daggers - Lots of eye candy - Takeshi Kaneshiro (girls go yum yum), Zhang Ji Yi (boys go yum yum) and Andy Lau (we all go yum yum). Interesting plot and superb cinematography. I actually enjoyed this more than Hero.

Hero - Great fighting scenes and interesting landscaping :). Mental reminder, dont watch when sleepy......

Care Bears- The Movie - um... what can i say? It was hard to watch without feeling my I.Q lowering per second. But somewhat nostalgic....

Movies I want to watch next
Ray - looks like some quality acting from Jamie Foxx
Kinsey - interesting.....
Incredibles - loveeeee a good cartoon
Team America - sex scenes and puppets.... a must see!!! (No its not a fetish :P)

Bring out the popcorn.....

No comments: